“How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment
before starting to improve the world.”
Our mission at Chicory Wealth includes a “commitment to social and environmental stewardship and helping others do the same.” Here are some of the ways we honor that mission through giving and community engagement.
Climate Commitment and Sustainability
As a business leader, we are responsible for putting our values into action, which means respect and care for the world in which all of us live and work. In 2022 we joined the B Corp Climate Collective and made the “SME Climate Commitment” to becoming carbon neutral. We also partnered with Clearloop®, a Silicon Ranch Company to help us offset the climate impact of our work and expand access to clean energy in distressed communities throughout the United States. You can find out more about this partnership HERE.
Employee-Owned B Corporation
In October 2020, Chicory Wealth completed the lengthy certification process to become a B Corporation. This is a growing community of 5,000+ for-profit businesses in more than 70 countries and representing 150 industries dedicated to using business as a force for good. These businesses are certified by the nonprofit B Lab™ to meet rigorous standards of inclusivity and sustainability, and those who earn certification meet “the highest standards of social and environmental impact.” We will go through the recertification process every three years.
Certified B Corporations believe:
- That we must be the change we seek in the world.
- That all business ought to be conducted as if people and place mattered.
- That, through their products, practices, and profits, businesses should aspire to do no harm and benefit all.
- To do so requires that we act with the understanding that we are each dependent upon another and thus responsible for each other and future generations.
In 2020, we also changed our business model from a single owner to an employee-ownership structure.
Charitable Giving and Nonprofit Sponsorships
Chicory Wealth has an annual Employee Charitable Giving program through which we donate to charities designated by our employees. In addition, we donate to numerous nonprofit organizations through sponsorships. Our 2022 sponsorships include the organizations below. We hope you will check them out and support the good work they are doing:
- AS YOU SOW — A national nonprofit foundation chartered to promote corporate social responsibility through shareholder advocacy, coalition building, and legal strategies.
- CHICKEN & EGG PICTURES — A national nonprofit that supports women nonfiction filmmakers whose artful and innovative storytelling catalyzes social change for the world.
- CLIMATE RIDE – A national organization that produces charitable multi-day bike rides, hikes, and a DIY program that inspire advocacy, transform lives, and fund initiatives critical to a sustainable future.
- COMPASSIONATE ATLANTA — A grassroots community-building nonprofit seeking to raise awareness about the benefits of compassionate action throughout the Greater Atlanta area.
- DECATUR BOOK FESTIVAL — One of the largest independent book festivals in the country (located in Decatur, GA), with the goals of encouraging a love of reading, inquiry, and conversation in people of all ages; building an enthusiastic and inclusive community of readers and writers throughout the South; and sparking social, creative, and intellectual engagement.
- FRAZER CENTER – A nonprofit center in Atlanta fostering inclusive communities where children and adults, with and without disabilities, gather, learn, and flourish.
- GLOBAL VILLAGE PROJECT – A nonprofit school located in Atlanta that offers a unique model of inclusive and equitable education for refugee girls.
- OAKHURST COOPERATE PRESCHOOL — A cooperative preschool in Decatur, GA, with the goal of creating a positive, secure environment that encourages children to become enthusiastic, lifelong learners and self-confident, caring adults.
- WABE PUBLIC RADIO — A National Public Radio-affiliated public radio station located in Atlanta, GA, 90.1 FM.
- WYLDE CENTER — An Atlanta area nonprofit offering educational programs, events, and green-spaces that actively engage youth, families, and individuals in their environment, health, and community.
Maggie’s Giving Group
Each year Chicory Wealth hosts an annual fundraising event. Our clients nominate organizations to be considered for the event, and a board of clients chooses the two final organizations to be featured at the event. As of 2021, Maggie’s Giving Group had raised approximately $148,000 for community organizations since its inception in 2007. Please read more about Maggie’s Giving Group HERE.
Educational & Other Resources
At Chicory Wealth we believe in the importance of financial literacy for everyone, so we provide free resources on our website. We hope this information will help expand people’s knowledge of their finances and how they can use their resources to support their values. You can find these resources HERE.