Job Openings at Chicory Wealth
August 22, 2022
Chicory Wealth is currently seeking Tax Accountant to join our team! As part of our tax practice, you will provide tax preparation services to the firm’s financial planning and wealth management clients. In addition, outside of tax season, you will support our advisors by constructing comprehensive tax planning analyses for our clients. A well-qualified candidate will have experience in the personal finance space and will be well versed in understanding the close correlation between financial planning and taxes.
- Prepare and review federal and state income tax returns for individuals, trusts/estates, and small businesses
- Identify and recommend tax planning opportunities (ex: Roth IRA conversions, donor-advised fund contributions, etc.)
- Research technical issues and be well-informed on new tax legislation to ensure federal and state tax compliance
- Correspond with the IRS and state taxing agencies on behalf of clients, both verbally and in writing, to ensure timely and amicable tax dispute resolution
- Meet with clients virtually to consult on complex taxable transactions, as needed
- Strengthen our client relationships by demonstrating extensive tax competencies
- Demonstrate ability to connect with clients in a meaningful way with a high degree of personal touch
- Active Enrolled Agent (EA) License (Required)
- Experience with Intuit ProConnect tax preparation software (Preferred)
- Experience with eMoney, Wealthbox, Microsoft Office Suite and Adobe PDF (Preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, accounting, business, or other related field
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Extremely detail and deadline-oriented
- Friendly, caring, empathetic and professional
Why You’ll Love Working Here:
- 100% remote work
- Competitive salary, negotiable based on experience
- Generous benefits package including 401(k) profit sharing plan with immediate vesting, annual employer HSA contribution, reimbursement of approved professional development expenses, etc.
- Customized career development process
- A small, passionate team of employees dedicated to helping their clients “integrate money and meaning”
To apply for this position, please email your resume to [email protected].
This is the only position we’re currently seeking to fill. Check back here or follow us on LinkedIn to hear about future openings that come up. And feel free to send your resume to us at [email protected] to be considered for future positions.