Educational & Other Resources
At Chicory Wealth we believe in the importance of financial literacy and providing resources to expand people’s knowledge of their finances and how they can use their resources to support their values. We hope you find these resources helpful.
Impact Investing Webinar Series
Early in 2022, the Women Donors Network held a series of educational webinars on impact investing, hosted by Chicory Wealth CEO Maggie Kulyk. We’re happy to provide the recordings of the four sessions of these webinars to increase the knowledge of and interest in this type of investing. We’re also providing an accompanying document that lists the speakers in each webinar and associated resources on the topics.
- Impact Investing Session 1: Cash for Impact
- Impact Investing Session 2: Publicly Traded Portfolios
- Impact Investing Session 3: Private Market Portfolios
- Impact Investing Session 4: Venture Capital & Small Business Investing
- Impact Investing Resource Guide
Organizations to Explore
Chicory Wealth works with a number of organizations that you might find helpful.
- Money Quotient, a nonprofit organization founded on the belief that a holistic and multi-disciplinary approach to financial education and planning will engage individuals and inspire them to maximize their resources and live purposeful lives.
- As You Sow, a nonprofit promoting environmental and social corporate responsibility through shareholder advocacy, coalition building, and innovative legal strategies.
- Women Donors Network, a community of women who are committed to giving generously for progressive social change and to building a just, equitable, and sustainable world. Here is a great video on WDN’s strategy.
- Interfaith Center on Corporate Responsibility (ICCR), a coalition of institutional investors building a more just and sustainable world by integrating social values into corporate and investor actions.
- American Sustainable Business Network (ASBN), a multi-issue membership organization developing and advocating solutions for policymakers, business leaders, and investors that support an equitable, regenerative, and just economy that benefits all—people and planet.
- Civic Alliance, a nonpartisan coalition of businesses in support of fair and transparent elections, in which voting is safe and accessible.
- Corporate Accountability, waging strategic campaigns that compel transnational corporations, and the governments that do their bidding, to stop destroying health, human rights, democracy, and the planet.
- The Savvy Life helps people transform their lives by looking at their finances from a lifestyle perspective, planning where they want their money to go, and implementing the habits to make that plan a reality.
- iGiftFund is the Donor Advised Fund (DAF) we often use with our clients to help them with their charitable giving plans.
The Chicory Wealth team has gathered a great list of books to help you explore the idea of Integrating Money and Meaning.
- Sacred Economics: Money, Gift, and Society in the Age of Transition, by Charles Eisenstein (2011)
- The Seven Stages of Money Maturity: Understanding the Spirit and Value of Money in Your Life, by George Kinder (2000)
- Rethinking Money: How New Currencies Turn Scarcity into Prosperity, by Bernard Lietaer and Jacqui Dunne (2013)
- Money Magic: Unleashing Your True Potential for Prosperity and Fulfillment, by Deborah L. Price (2003)
- Money – Spirituality – Consciousness, by Mayuri Onerheim (2012)
- Wild Mind: A Field Guide to the Human Psyche, by Bill Plotkin (2013)
- Your Money or Your Life: 9 Steps to Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Achieving Financial Independence, Revised and Updated for the 21st Century, by Vicki Robin, Joe Dominguez, and Monique Tilford (2008)
- The Soul of Money: Transforming Your Relationship with Money and Life, by Lynne Twist (2017)
- And of course Integrating Money and Meaning: Practices for a Heart-Centered Life, by Maggie Kulyk and Liz McGeachy (2019)
For My Loved Ones at the Time of My Death
Chicory Wealth is offering a free workbook to make it easy for you to communicate critical information to your loved ones when you pass away. We understand that thinking and talking about the end of life can be difficult and uncomfortable, but we have also seen first-hand how important such communication is to those who are left behind. Preparing ahead to make our loved ones’ decisions easier at the time of our death is one of the best gifts we can give them. This workbook is available in two versions: one in Microsoft Word, for those who want to fill out an electronic version (always password-protect such documents if you keep them on your computer), and another in PDF, to be printed out and filled out by hand. IMPORTANT: This workbook is not a legal document and does not replace your important estate documents. It also should be updated regularly.
- For My Loved Ones at the Time of My Death (Microsoft Word version)
- For My Loved Ones at the Time of My Death (PDF version)