Maggie’s Giving Group
Maggie’s Giving Group grew out of a simple premise: charitable giving is a natural outgrowth of a person’s healthy, mature relationship with money. We know that charitable giving is key to financial health, but we do it for the peace and joy it brings.
Each year Chicory Wealth’s clients nominate organizations to be considered as beneficiaries of an annual December fundraising event. Maggie’s Giving Group board members then choose two final organizations. Our goals align with the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) to end poverty, protect the planet, and ensure prosperity for all.
As of 2020, Maggie’s Giving Group has raised approximately $135,000 for community organizations since its inception in 2007.
Maggie’s Giving Group Selection Criteria
Following the recommendations of the 2018 Maggie’s Giving Group Criteria Selection Task Group, Maggie’s Giving Group uses three distinct categories of organizations to be emphasized in a given year.
ANY non-profit can still be nominated, but clients and the Maggie’s Giving Group board will be inspired to give certain types of organizations more attention in some years. This gives some groups that historically never get selected more of a chance.
- 2020 — No Category Priority (Due to these unique COVID-19 impacted times, we paused in 2020 from prioritizing any one of our three broad categories)
- 2021 & 2024 — Environment/Sustainability
- 2018 & 2022 — People
- 2019 & 2023 — Animals
A non-profit nomination:
- Must be an IRS 501(c)3 qualified charity
- Must serve a vulnerable/underserved population
- Must appeal to a broad demographic of Chicory Wealth clients
- Must have a clear and compelling mission
- Must generate direct, tangible results
- Must be well-managed
- Must demonstrate likelihood of being a sustainable organization
- Must be able to make a real impact from the projected $4,000 to $7,000 typically raised by our event
- Does NOT need to be local to metro Atlanta, given that a growing portion of Chicory Wealth clients now live outside of Georgia; it may be a small global organization
- Should not be a prior recipient of Maggie’s Giving Group funds
2021 Maggie’s Giving Group Partners will be announced in October.
Our Past Projects
To see the organizations Maggie’s Giving Group has partnered with in the past, click HERE.