Like so many in our recent past, 2021 was another “eventful” year, weaving from hope to despair and now perhaps to a more dogged resignation. We’re grateful that, unlike so many, we can continue to do our work and support our clients as they make their money journeys more and more meaningful.
Folks continue to be drawn to our mission, and we are committed to serving all those we can. As a consequence, our Chicory family continues to expand with the addition of five new team members in 2021 and the likely possibility that we will hire two more in the coming months. We appreciate our clients’ referrals and feel confident that we are in a good position to continue providing in-depth, personal service to them, as well as to anyone they are so gracious to send our way.
We missed seeing people in person this year and hope to remedy that with a fall, in-person event in the Atlanta area.
Our “family” is growing not only with the addition of new team members, but with a new generation of Chicory-tots [a new word!] born to our client families and our team. What a joy it is to be witness to this ongoing miracle of life. Thank you for allowing us to be part of this journey with you.
Maggie Kulyk, CRPC®, Chartered SRI Counselor™
Chicory Wealth CEO and Founder
Chicory Wealth in 2021 by the Numbers
5 NEW TEAM MEMBERS:
- Katie Hagedorn, Financial Advisor, February 2021
- Allen Sakon, Financial Advisor, June 2021
- Rosanna Marie Neil, Financial Advisor, October 2021
- Shane Patrick, Operations Specialist, November 2021
- Tricia Williams, Director of Operations Strategy & Analytics, November 2021
- COMPASSIONATE ATLANTA
- OAKHURST COOPERATE PRESCHOOL
- CHICKEN & EGG PICTURES
- SAVING INNOCENCE
- AS YOU SOW
- DECATUR BOOK FESTIVAL
- WYLDE CENTER
- WABE PUBLIC RADIO
15 WEBINARS & EVENTS:
- 10 Maggie Kulyk’s Monthly Online Conversations (including 3 with guests):
- 2 Online Book Discussions:
- Blood and Money: War, Slavery, Finance, and Empire, by David McNally
- The Sum of Us: What Racism Costs Everyone and How We Can Prosper Together, by Heather McGhee
- Online Conversation Circle on Addressing Money with Children
- Sustainable Nutrition Webinar: Eating for a Healthy Body, a Thriving Planet, and a Happy Wallet, with Thais Harris of Nourish Together
- Community Service Month (September), encouraging team members and clients to volunteer in their community
3 NEW AFFILIATE ORGANIZATIONS JOINED:
- American Sustainable Business Council-Social Venture Circle (ASBC-SVC)
- Business for Voting Rights
- Civic Alliance
$15,700 RAISED BY MAGGIE’S GIVING GROUP:
- $8,700 to LiveThrive’s Center for Hard to Recycle Materials
- $7,000 to West Atlanta Watershed Alliance
- More about Maggie’s Giving Group HERE
11 BLOG POSTS:
- 9 blog posts on a variety of subjects
- 2 Tax Tips blog posts by our Tax Specialist Jeff Audi, which from now on he’ll be providing quarterly on a variety of tax-related issues
1 VERY SPECIAL RECOGNITION:
- Chicory Wealth is a Certified B Corporation™ and was named a Best For The World™ 2021 B Corp in the impact area of Customers
NUMEROUS CHICORY-TOTS BORN:
- Liv Patrick (Maggie Kulyk’s granddaughter), born April 3, 2021
- Cameron Newcomer (Jacob Newcomer’s son), born May 15, 2021
- We had many clients who welcomed children and grandchildren this year!
- [And we can’t help but mention that Katie Hagedorn is expecting a baby very soon!]
We look ahead to 2022 with feelings of hope, resilience, and renewed optimism for the future.