Last year can best be described as a mixed bag of ups and downs: with the market, COVID, weather, politics, global conditions, and more. We consider 2022 to be a strong year for Chicory Wealth because of our amazing team and the continued relationships with our wonderful clients, both long-time and new. We’ve had much to celebrate, and we’re grateful for that. Please take a look at the overview below. Meanwhile, we are happy to open the new chapter of 2023 with enthusiasm for what’s in store!
13 WEBINARS & EVENTS
- 10 Monthly Online Conversations with our CEO Maggie Kulyk, including six guests. You can find recordings of these webinars HERE.
- “Documentary Film Investment as Activism,” a special online webinar with Julie Parker Benello, Film Producer and Co-Founder of Chicken & Egg Pictures
- An in-person screening of the documentary film “Boycott”, and Q&A with Suhad Babaa, the film’s Producer and Executive Director of Just Vision
- Community Service Month (September), encouraging team members and clients to volunteer in their community
13 BLOG POSTS
- 9 blog posts on a variety of subjects
- 4 Tax Tips blog posts by Chicory Wealth Tax Manager, Jeff Audi
- AS YOU SOW
- CHICKEN & EGG PICTURES
- CLIMATE RIDE
- COMPASSIONATE ATLANTA
- DECATUR BOOK FESTIVAL
- FRAZER CENTER
- GLOBAL VILLAGE PROJECT
- OAKHURST COOPERATE PRESCHOOL
- WABE PUBLIC RADIO
- WYLDE CENTER
$13,000 RAISED BY MAGGIE’S GIVING GROUP
Plus we were back to an in-person celebration! Watch the video about the charities HERE.
- $8,000 to Afghan American Alliance of Georgia
- $5,500 to Lost-n-Found Youth
2 SPECIAL RECOGNITIONS
- For the second year in a row, Chicory Wealth was named a Best for the World™ Certified B Corporation in the impact area of Customers on July 13, 2022. We’re extremely proud of this recognition!
- On September 26, 2022, Advisor Hub named our CEO Maggie Kulyk one of 50 RIAs to watch. “These fifty advisors have assembled efficient and productive teams that have achieved scale without compromising their level of service while maintaining healthy growth.” Find the list and criteria HERE.
7 VALUES-BASED ACTIONS
- March 2022 – Statement in support of Ukraine in its fight against Russia HERE.
- April 2022 – Statement in support of voting rights and fair elections HERE.
- May 2022 – Signed Don’t Ban Equality’s statement against policies that hinder people’s health and independence HERE.
- June 2022 – Partnered with Clearloop to offset our carbon footprint HERE.
- June 2022 – Signed a letter from the Coalition on Inclusive Economic Growth to the SEC supporting a rule for transparency on companies’ human capital management practices HERE.
- July 2022 – Statement in support of reproductive rights HERE.
- July 2022 – Signed a memo to Congress in support of regenerative agriculture in the Farm Bill HERE.
- December 2022 – Comment to the EPA in support of regulation of methane HERE.
95 SHAREHOLDER VOTES
- In 2022 we voted proxy for our clients on many shareholder resolutions related to such issues as board diversity, nondiscrimination policies, environmental policies, greenhouse emissions, corporate governance, human rights, and more. We also frequently voted against executive compensation, always voting against it if the executive pay is too much larger than the average pay. More about proxy voting can be found HERE.
1 NEW TEAM MEMBER
- Gwen Lee, EA, Tax Specialist, November 2022
2 NEW CHICORY BABIES
Chicory Wealth Financial Advisor Katie Hagedorn and her husband Joe Hagedorn welcomed baby boy JT to the world on January 31, 2022. And our Portfolio Manager Daniel McNabb and his wife Meghana Nathan’s baby girl Elakshi (Ela) was born on December 16, 2022.
Chicory Wealth Statement of Values-Based Activities
At Chicory Wealth, we take an active approach to our goal of helping people use their resources to create a world with socially just relationships, sustainable economic development, and a healthy eco-system. Using our mission statement and our company values and the UN Sustainable Development Goals as guides, our actions include creating educational and action-motivated messaging, supporting other organizations doing work in these areas, influencing policymakers, hosting events, and providing resources for our clients and the wider community.